top of page
Berg 100 logo.jpg

  THE BERG 100

Notties to Himeville
16th March 2024

The Event

One Day of amazing bike riding
16 March 2024
 100kms & 50kms

Established 12 years ago this race beat the "Gravel Grinding Trend"!

90% of the route is on gravel district roads. the other 10% on small tar roads as you leave/enter the towns.

The Berg 100 has become a well known, much loved KZN race which attracts riders from all over our country... and even further afield. Take on KZN's biggest one day 100km MTB marathon in the iconic Drakensberg.

What makes this race unique to any other in SA is that due to the nature of the route we are able to change direction every year, allowing the rider a completely "new" ride every year! 2024 will take riders from the village of Nottingham Road through to the picturesque Himeville village.  

Don't be fooled about the "gravel roads" being a doddle in the park...Being in the foothillss of the Drakensburg, the climbs are long, but so are the descents, and the riding is designed to make the route fast, not technically difficult. This is not an easy day out for everyone.

As of 2024, we will be introducing the Berg 50. This 50km gravel ride will start and finish at Moorcroft Manor (the finish venue of the 100km). This ride has sublime views of the Drakensberg whilst riding through farmlands. This event for those wanting to challenge themselves to more than a 30 or 40km ride....... OR.... for those who might not be fit enough for the 100km route! More info on the Berg 50

MTB, Gravel and E-Bikes are all allowed to participate. 

The Event

Berg 100 Race Info

Race Info

Enter or Subscribe

Be Awesome and enter

Subscribe to get news about the event

Past Events

Past Events


The Berg 100 is proud to be partnering with the below awesome brands!
Wild Bike Foundation 01-01.jpg
Squirt Logo 1.jpg
afire _FINAL_Blue .jpg
bottom of page